What does it mean to work like a mother?
It’s being a master builder of businesses AND Legos. It’s changing the world by day and diapers by night (or vice versa). It’s driving the kids to practice and driving your career forward. It’s moving between arts+crafts and the art of the deal. It’s pulling all nighters with your babies and your biz. It’s working on your dream job and wishing your littles sweet dreams. It’s knowing you CAN have it all, but you don’t have to do it alone. Here’s to all you moms who are #workinglikemothers – at home, on the job and everywhere in between! Keep reading to find out more about our community of working moms building each other up while we build businesses and careers.
About the Working Like Mothers Network
Working Like Mothers is the mother of all business-building networks for working moms. Developed by working mothers for working mothers, we offer fun and positive networking opportunities where boss mamas can come together to build relationships, build their business and build their business skills.
Moms on a Mission
The Working Like Mothers Network is made up of working mothers + mompreneurs dedicated to supporting each other and each other’s businesses. We foster our members in both their roles as businesswomen and moms in the following three ways:
- LEARNING // supercharge your business with professional and personal development training unique to the needs of working moms
- LEADS // members support each other by working together and referring contacts to each other’s businesses when it’s the right fIt
- RELATIONSHIPS // lean on and learn from our growing number of members who understand the working mom juggle at home and on the job
Meet our Mascot: You-unicorn!
Being able to do it all at home and on the job with beauty and grace is rare and kind of magical, which is why we think working moms are like unicorns. After all, it takes the unicorn of people to manage kids, career, school calendars, social calendars, volunteer positions and so much more.
To top it all off, a group of unicorns is called a BLESSING! (Seriously!) How appropriate, because when we working mamas band together to support each other and each other’s businesses, we are a blessing to each other.
That’s why the official mascot of the Working Like Mothers Network is you-nicorn, working mama! Because together, we can make magic and be a blessing to each other’s lives!
Who can join?
Everyone and their mothers! While our professional and personal development resources and activities are designed to address the unique needs of working mothers, we are committed to a diverse membership inclusive of people from all backgrounds and places in life.
What does membership include?
- Monthly professional development webinar on topics like marketing, social media, time management, budgeting & finance, work/life balance, goal setting and more
- Admission to your chapter’s bi-monthly Happy Hour+Speed Networking and All-Chapter Mix+Mingle Lunch events
- Network-wide monthly book club and chapter-level Books+Brew morning coffee conversation
- Access to the complete Working Like Mothers member directory
- A seat in a local small group as the only mom with your profession (at-large memberships available for moms who can’t attend group meetings)
Each WLM chapter consists of multiple small groups that meet once per month to give referrals, discuss upcoming events and opportunities, and dive deeper into applying the monthly professional development training to their individual lives and careers.
As a member of a small group, you will be the only mom with your profession. We support each other by referring friends, relatives, and colleagues to our businesses. The women you meet will become far beyond your friends – they will become your uplifting business partners to help you succeed. As moms, we all want to be successful to provide for our families, and by joining the Working Like Mothers Network, you will be helping us all achieve that goal.
We invite you to be a guest for free! You may visit one Happy Hour+Speed Networking or All-Chapter Mix+Mingle Lunch event plus two group meetings (they can be with 2 different groups) within one month before deciding to join.
There are three options allowing each member to choose the one that makes the most sense for her:
- 12-Month Membership – $120/year
- 6-Month Membership – $90/6 months
- 6-Month Membership with Monthly Payments – $20/month for 6 months
How to Join
Don’t see an active chapter in your hometown?
We’re building a nationwide network of working moms building each other up while we build our careers. Click here to be the first to know about chapter events in your area >>
Interested in leading a chapter?
We’re looking for chapter momagers across the nation to organize monthly networking events, recruit new members and oversee chapter operations. If you’re an energetic, organized people person interested in supplementing your income with a part-time opportunity, email us >>
Don’t miss our next parenting parody!
Follow, like and subscribe to our social channels to join the movement of working moms working together and to catch new parenting parodies from WLM boss mamas Linley+Lauren!